You might like
You are in:
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Spiced Honey…
Back Sweet Potato Pancakes with Spiced Honey…
Makes 8 pancakes
- 325g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 200g pineapple chunks, in juice, drained
- 2 tbsp honey, plus extra to drizzle when served
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Rest the batter for 30 minutes
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a pan of water until tender, then drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, when making the basic pancake mix, add the baking powder and sugar to the flour. Don’t add the salt. Pour in just 125ml milk. Rest the mix in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, mash the sweet potatoes and stir through the batter to combine.
- Melt a little oil in a frying pan and once hot add 2 tbsp batter. Gently fry the pancake on both sides, turning with a spatula. When golden brown, set aside and keep warm then continue with the rest of the batter.
- While the pancakes are cooking, place the pineapple, honey, lemon and ginger in a pan and gently heat through.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the spiced pineapple and extra honey if desired