You might like
You are in:
- Salted Caramel Eggnog with Mini Gingerbread Men
Back Salted Caramel Eggnog with Mini Gingerbread Men
Salted Caramel Eggnog with Mini Gingerbread Men
Part drink, part alcoholic dessert. Your guests will love this cute and indulgent festive drink.
- 350ml whole milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg, plus extra for decoration
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 egg, separated
- 50g caster sugar
- 200g salted caramel ice cream, softened but not melted completely
- 200ml rum or bourbon
- 1 can squirty cream
- 35g butter
- 25g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 85g self raising flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- To make the gingerbread men, preheat the oven to 180c/160 fan gas 4.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup together gently.
- Sift the flour and spices into a bowl with a small pinch of salt and then stir in the melted butter mixture and mix well until you have a stiff dough.
- Allow the dough to cool and then roll out on a floured surface until it is about 5mm in height.
- Using a gingerbread man cutter and cut out as many gingerbread men as you can.
- Line a baking tray and transfer the cut gingerbread men onto the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until firm and golden. Allow to cool.
- To make the Eggnog, heat the whole milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until just under the boil on a medium heat
- Discard the cinnamon stick & allow to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and 25g caster sugar until very pale and thick.
- Whisk in the Rum or Bourbon, softened ice cream and the cooled milk mixture. Leave this in the fridge until required.
- To finish the Eggnog, whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl with the remaining 25g caster sugar until you have stiff peaks.
- Fold this mixture through the cold egg yolk mixture and pour into glasses.
- Top with peaks of squirty cream, a grating of nutmeg and a gingerbread man.
- Serve while still cold.