You might like
You are in:
- Macaroni and Cauliflower Cheese Bake…
Back Macaroni and Cauliflower Cheese Bake…
Macaroni and Cauliflower Cheese Bake with Seafood
An easy midweek dinner which is sure to please the whole family. Salmon works really well in this dish too.
- 250g macaroni
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 30g butter, or sunflower spread, if preferrred
- 30g plain flour
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 240g smoked haddock fillet, skinned
- 100g peeled prawns
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp light olive oil, or sunflower oil, if preferred
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Boil the macaroni with the cauliflower florets for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute and gradually whisk in the milk. Cook, stirring, to form a smooth sauce, add half the cheese, mix well and remove from the heat.
- 2.Dice the fish, add to the sauce with the prawns then spoon into a baking dish with the pasta and cauliflower.
- Mix the remaining cheese with the breadcrumbs and oil. Sprinkle over the pasta and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Serve with green beans.