You might like
You are in:
- Lactofree Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed…
Back Lactofree Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed…
Lactofree Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Try these delicious stuffed Mushrooms as part of a lactose free regime.
- ½ tsp sunflower oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 1 tbsp Lactofree spreadable
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 6 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon
- 75g Lactofree cheddar, coarsely grated
- 1 egg
- 75ml Lactofree cream
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1 large pinch pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan)/ 190C convection.
- Line a small baking tray with foil and lightly grease with approx. ½ tsp sunflower oil. This will prevent the mushrooms from sticking.
- Place the mushrooms onto the tray, cut side up.
- In a frying pan, melt the Lactofree spreadable on a medium heat and add the chopped onion.
- Gently fry for 5 minutes until the onion begins to soften, then add the chopped bacon.
- Fry for a further 5 - 10 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Grate the cheddar into a small bowl, whisk in the egg and Lactofree cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cooled onion and bacon and then fill each mushroom.
- Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and grate over a little more cheddar if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the top is puffed up and golden and the mushrooms are soft.
- Serve immediately.
This Recipe has been kindly supplied by Arla.