You might like
You are in:
- Herby Toad in the Hole
Back Herby Toad in the Hole
Herby Toad in the Hole
This classic 'comfort food' dish is made with herby flavours and a mustardy kick that's sure to satisfy during the colder months - especially when enjoyed as a warming family meal.
- 8 The Best Cumberland Sausages, best when sourced from your local butcher counter at Morrisons
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 200ml milk
- 4 large eggs
- 140g self- raising flour
- 2 tsps wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pre heat the oven, 220oc gas 8.
- Add the eggs to the milk and whisk well, add the flour and combine well. Add the mustard and herbs and give a final whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to stand for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile put the sausages and lard or oil into a large ovenproof dish, and pop in the oven. The oil will heat, brown the sausages a little and get very hot in about 10 mins.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven and add the batter to the piping hot fat. Quickly return to the oven and bake until well risen and golden.
- Serve with vegetables and tasty gravy.
- (In a Hurry? Add the mustard and herbs to Morrisions Batter Mix, found in the baking aisle)