You might like
You are in:
- Fish Pie with Buttery Mash
Back Fish Pie with Buttery Mash
Fish Pie with Buttery Mash
You'll love our very own fresh fish selection of salmon, cod and smoked haddock, loaded with prawns in a creamy béchamel sauce with heaps of leeks and peas, topped with a buttery mash.
- 450g fish pie mix
- 100g raw prawns, raw
- 1 pint milk
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 2 leeks
- 100g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 1 bunch parsley
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 kg potatoes
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Infuse the milk by chopping the onion in half, and adding to a pan with the milk, bay leaf and cloves.
- Heat the milk until warm but do not allow to boil. Pass the milk through a sieve and set aside for later.
- Place the fish pie mix and prawns on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees. Remove and set aside.
- Trim and finely slice the leeks and wash well. Soften the leeks in half the butter and cook (without browning) for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and mix well to form a roux (a thickener). Slowly add the infused milk to make a thick rich sauce.
- Stir the peas and baked fish mix into the sauce with the finely chopped parsley. Gently stir without breaking the fish.
- Place in a deep casserole dish, cover and leave to cool. (Once cooled can be kept in the fridge until you’re ready to cook).
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 25mm chunks. Pop them in a pan, bring to the boil and simmer until cooked. Drain and mash with butter.
- Top the cooled fish pie mix with mash, decorate with a fork. Cook for 25-30 mins at 180 degrees until golden brown.
- Share your tasty dish with friends and family!