- Crunchy Cabbage Stir-Fry
Crunchy Cabbage Stir-Fry
This is an utterly delightful way to showcase the most
versatile “pointed” cabbage. The are
infinite options with a stir-fry but it should
be an homage to fresh crunchy vegetables and not a dumping ground to use up old
veggies that are clogging up the crisper.
You can of course add
a little sautéed chicken or some silken tofu with toasted nuts and seeds to give
some protein to your meal.
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic Cloves
- 1 piece Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Wonky Cabbage, halved, cored and shredded
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 1 Red Pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 can Water Chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 can Sliced Bamboo Shoot, drained
- 100g Beansprouts
- 1 Red Chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 Spring Onion, sliced
- 1 pack Egg Noodles
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Cook the egg noodles as per pack instructions, keep warm and set aside.
- Heat a medium wok or a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and allow to heat for 20-30 seconds, tip in the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute stirring well. Add the cabbage, carrot, pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts, bamboo shoots and beansprouts. Add the chillies to your taste, and stir in a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Spoon generous servings of cooked noodles onto a warmed bowl or plate. Spoon over the stir-fry mixture and sprinkle with sliced spring onions.