You might like
You are in:
- Corned Beef Hash Pie
Back Corned Beef Hash Pie
Corned Beef Hash Pie
Comfort food at its wintry best!
- 340g Princes corned beef
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, topped, tailed and diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 225g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 sprinkle nutmeg, grated
- 1 dash Worcester sauce
- 200ml beef stock
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 85g hard margarine
- 85g white vegetable fat, hard
- 350g plain flour
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion, diced carrot, celery and potato and fry over a gentle heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the nutmeg and Worcester sauce and fry for a further minute before adding the stock. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the carrots and potatoes are cooked and the liquid has reduced.
- Cut the Princes Corned Beef into cubes and add these along with the peas.
- Make the pastry by sieving the flour into a large mixing bowl, rub the fats into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, add 6 tbsp of cold water and combine the pastry together with a round bladed knife. Place the pastry in the fridge for 20 minutes in greaseproof paper to rest.
- Roll out two thirds of the pastry and line a 10“/25cm pie plate and remove any overlapping pastry with a sharp knife. Place the corned beef hash filling into the middle of the dish leaving the edges free. Dampen the edge with milk.
- Roll out the remaining pastry, cover the pie with the pastry lid, pinch the edges together and decorate the top with any cut off pieces of pastry.
- Brush the top of the pastry with milk.
- Place in a preheated oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Princes.