You might like
You are in:
- Apple and Oaty Biscuit Lollies
Back Apple and Oaty Biscuit Lollies
Apple and Oaty Biscuit Lollies
Looking for biscuit baking ideas? Try these lolly-style oaty biscuits, the kids will love munching on them as a treat, and you can switch out the apple for cranberries or sultanas if you'd prefer.
Makes 16 biscuits
- 175g self-raising flour, To make your own self raising flour add 2 teaspoons of baking powder for every 150g of flour, then sift together
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80g porridge oats
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 175g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g dried apple, finely chopped
- 20g chocolate dots
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 156 Fat (g) 9.8 Saturates (g) 5.9 Carbohydrate (g) 14.6 Sugars (g) 4.5 Fibre (g) 1.2 Protein (g) 1.6 Salt (g) 0.09
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the oats and cinnamon.
- Melt together the butter and syrup, pour over the dry ingredients, add the apple and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into 16 balls, push a lolly stick into each one, cover the stick with foil to prevent it browning and place well apart on the baking trays. Flatten each one slightly and scatter with a few chocolate dots.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden, allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.