You might like
You are in:
- Easter Chick Lollipops
Back Easter Chick Lollipops
Easter Chick Lollipops
Try our delicious recipe, ideal for Easter. In just 4 simple steps you can make these Easter Chick Cookie Lollipop treats. Then simply decorate them yourself or let your little ones create their own.
Makes 30 lollipops
- 150g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 175g Carnation condensed milk
- 1 medium egg
- 225g plain flour
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 200g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Carmation condensed milk
- 1 yellow food colouring
- 1 chocolate & caramel writing icing
- 1 bag jelly sweets
- 1 pack hundreds and thousands
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 151 Fat (g) 5.0 Saturates (g) 3.0 Carbohydrate (g) 24.2 Sugars (g) 15.7 Fibre (g) 0.4 Protein (g) 2.1 Salt (g) 0.07
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 4.
- Beat the butter, sugar and 175g condensed milk together until creamy. Add the egg (don’t worry if it looks like its curdling), beat well and then add the flours, spice and lemon zest. Mix to a firm but sticky dough. Cover in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a well- floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin. Cut out using a 6cm round cutter. Transfer the biscuit shapes to the trays and insert the lolly sticks into the sides, just a quarter of the way through. Re- roll the trimmings to make more biscuits.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely on a wire rack. Mix the icing sugar with 2 tbsp condensed milk, yellow colouring and a little water. Ice and decorate the biscuits with the writing icing, for the eyes and the sweets, then leave to dry. Store in an airtight box for up to a week.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Nestle Carnation.