You might like
You are in:
- Creamy Wild Mushroom and Walnut Pasta
Back Creamy Wild Mushroom and Walnut Pasta
Creamy Wild Mushroom and Walnut Pasta
A rich and indulgent pasta dish, perfect for a romantic dinner for two. You can substitute fresh mushrooms for some of the dried ones, but not all of them or the flavour will be much less intense.
- 50g mixed dried mushrooms
- 200g tagliatelle
- 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp marsala
- 150ml single cream
- ½ lemon, juice and zest only
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the dried mushrooms in a large bowl and pour over 400ml boiling water. Set aside to soak. Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over a medium to high heat and toast the walnuts for 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat, add the oil and sauté the shallots for 3 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving some of the water, and squeeze out any excess water.
- Add the garlic and thyme to the shallots and cook for a further minute. Then reduce to a low-medium heat and stir through the butter and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Stir the mustard and marsala into the mushrooms and cook for about 15 seconds then pour over the cream and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta and toss it through the mushrooms with half the toasted walnuts and a little of the mushroom water to loosen the sauce. Transfer to plates and scatter with the remaining walnuts and lemon zest to serve.