You might like
You are in:
- Zesty Lemon Celebration Cake
Back Zesty Lemon Celebration Cake
Zesty Lemon Celebration Cake
Discover our Zesty Lemon Sponge Cake, a beautifully light and fluffy cake with creamy icing and a zing of lemon.
- 225g Stork Original
- 265g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g self raising flour, sieved
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 225g icing sugar, sieved
- 100g Stork with Butter
- 1 tbsp milk, add another tablespoon if required
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 1 pack silver balls
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas 4.
- Place Stork Original and 225g of caster sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. (approx 1 ½ min with electric hand mixer).
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, adding a little flour with the last egg to prevent curdling. Fold in the remaining flour and the zest of 1 lemon with a metal spoon or spatula.
- Place the dough in 2 x 20cm (8 inch) greased and lined sandwich cake tins. Bake on middle shelf of oven 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas 4 for 30 - 35 minutes. Cool on wire tray.
- Place icing sugar, Stork with Butter and 1-2 tablespoons of milk in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Decoration: cut the peel of 1 lemon in long strands, place in saucepan with 40g of caster sugar and 100ml water over medium heat. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil then simmer for 10 mins. Spread over baking parchment and leave 5 mins to set.
- Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil then simmer for 10 mins. Spread over baking parchment and leave 5 mins to set.
- Sandwich cake together with 1/3 icing and the lemon curd. Spread next third on top and use remaining icing to pipe drops with a large plain nozzle around the edge of the cake. Decorate with silver balls and the crystallized lemon.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.