You might like
You are in:
- Watermelon Vodka Jelly Shots
Back Watermelon Vodka Jelly Shots
Watermelon Vodka Jelly Shots
Get the party started and impress your friends with these juicy watermelon vodka jelly shots. Cut into chunks and hand out.
Makes 16 jelly shots
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ watermelon
- 300ml vodka
- 2 sachets gelatine, 12g each
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Other time: Freeze 4 hours
- Cut the watermelon in half, remove the seeds and use a serrated knife to cut around the flesh. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to remove all the flesh and place into a blender. Blend all of the flesh until smooth.
- Once blended, strain the pulp through a really fine sieve into a large bowl to extract all the juice. This should leave you with approx 800ml of watermelon juice.
- Pour 50ml of the watermelon juice into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add in the sugar and stir to dissolve for 2 mins.
- Allow the juice in the saucepan to cool a little and then add in the gelatine and stir until dissolved. (Follow pack instructions on how to dissolve the gelatine) Once fully dissolved, add in the rest of the watermelon juice and vodka.
- Ladle equal amounts of the juice into each watermelon half. Transfer to the fridge to set for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. When ready to serve, use a serrated knife to cut the watermelon into wedges.