You might like
You are in:
- Warm Winter Chicken Salad with French…
Back Warm Winter Chicken Salad with French…
Warm Winter Chicken Salad with French Dressing
This winter salad serves 3-4 as a starter or 2 as a main meal.
- 3 chicken legs
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 150g baby carrots
- 250g baby potatoes
- 3 cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 100g kale, shredded
- 1 lemon, roasted, juice only
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160fan, gas mark 4/ 356F. Place the chicken in a baking dish with the lemon halves. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the carrot, potatoes and beetroot in another tray with 1 tbsp oil and salt and pepper. Bake both in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables have softened and golden.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Allow the chicken to cool slightly.
- Add the kale straight into a vegetable pan and toss through while still hot.
- Shred the chicken off the bone with two forks and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by squeezing the juice from the roasted lemon and whisk together with 1 tsp of chicken roasting juices, 1 tsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 crushed garlic clove, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper. Taste to check the seasoning.
- While the vegetables are still in their tray, add the shredded chicken and pour over the dressing. Toss well together.
- Serve immediately while still warm.