You might like
You are in:
- Warm Salad of Jersey Royals, Crispy…
Back Warm Salad of Jersey Royals, Crispy…
Warm Salad of Jersey Royals, Crispy Pancetta and Broad Beans
This warm Jersey Royal salad matches perfectly to a Fleurie red wine, for a great healthy summer recipe. Outside Jersey Royal season, try this recipe with new potatoes.
- 800g Jersey Royals, scrubbed and halved
- 500g frozen broad beans, as per prepare ahead instruction
- 140g pancetta
- ½ cucumber
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp mint leaves
- 110g mixed salad leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Pour boiling water over your broad beans, leave to stand for 2 minutes and peel skins away before starting.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes. Add the peeled broad beans for the final 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
- Dry-fry the pancetta in a non-stick pan for 6-8 minutes until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Peel the cucumber and slice in half lengthways, drag a teaspoon down the centre of each half to remove the seeds. Dice the flesh roughly and toss in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes, mint leaves, cooked beans and potatoes.
- Divide the salad leaves between 4 serving plates. Top with the potato mixture and scatter the pancetta over the top.
- Mix all of the olive oil, mustard, white wine vinegar, lemon zest and sugar together and drizzle over the salad. Toss well.
- Serve alongside our recommended wine.