You might like
You are in:
- Victoria Sponge Cake
Back Victoria Sponge Cake
Victoria Sponge Cake
This light and fluffy classic is a sure fire crowd pleaser! Quickly throw together for an effortlessly tasty treat to share with friends, or for a special occasion such as a birthday.
- 225g Stork Original
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g self raising flour, sieved
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 225g icing sugar, sieved
- 85g Stork with Butter
- 1 tbsp milk, add another tablespoon if required
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pre-heat your oven to 170˚C, 160˚C Fan, Gas 4.
- Put the Stork Original, caster sugar, eggs, self-raising flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 - 3 minutes until smooth and well combined.
- Divide your mixture between two greased and bottom-lined 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tins.
- Pop them in the middle of your pre-heated oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until beautifully golden.
- Turn them out, remove the paper and cool on a cake rack.
- Spread the jam over the middle, sandwich the two pieces together and dust the top with icing sugar or make a vanilla icing.
- For the vanilla icing, mix the icing sugar in a bowl with Stork with Butter, milk and vanilla essence until smooth and spread through the middle and over the top of your cake.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.