You might like
You are in:
- Vegan Spanish Stew
Back Vegan Spanish Stew
Vegan Spanish Stew
Try this simple Spanish stew as part of a vegan diet.
- 200g Pearl Barley
- 1 Tinned Tomatoes
- ½ Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 handful Black Olives, pitted
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- ½ Butternut Squash, diced
- 1 Chickpeas
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Yeast
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Boil the pearl barley in a pan for around 35-40 minutes.
- In a large pan fry the onion until lightly browned and add in each of the seasonings.
- Add butternut squash and a bit of water, then steam it for around 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and tinned tomatoes and bring the the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes and add the chickpeas.
- Stir in the pearl barley and serve. Season to taste.