You might like
You are in:
- Turkey Croquetas with Cranberry Dipping…
Back Turkey Croquetas with Cranberry Dipping…
Turkey Croquetas with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
Use your leftover turkey to create these yummy turkey croquetas.
- 60g butter
- ½ red onion
- 140g plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tblspn parsley
- 5 tblspn cranberry sauce
- 3 tblspn sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch crushed chilli
- 2 eggs
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 1 vegetable oil (for frying)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Chill for 1 hr
You will need 125g of leftover Turkey.
- Melt the butter in a pan then cook the onion until softened. Turn the heat down and stir in 60g flour, cool gently stirring constantly, for around 8 minutes or until pale golden in colour.
- Gradually whisk in the hot milk until if forms a smooth paste. Add the nutmeg and continue to cook over a low heat for 20 minutes. Stir in the turkey and half the parsley then pour into a shallow tray to cool, gently pressing the clingfilm on to the top of the mix to avoid a skin forming. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Heat the cranberry sauce in a pan with 3 tbsp water, the vinegar and chilli, if using, and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the remaining flour in a shallow bowl, the eggs in another and the breadcrumbs and remaining parsley in a third bowl. Season each bowl. Divide the chilled turkey mixture into 12 and roll each piece into a ball. Coat in the flour, shaking off any excess, dip in the egg, then coast well with breadcrumbs. Return to the fridge until ready to fry.
- Heat the oil to 180C and gently lower the croquetas. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and piping hot throughout. Drain on kitchen roll and serve immediately with the cranberry sauce.