- Traditional Burgers with Sweet Tomato…
Traditional Burgers with Sweet Tomato Relish
If you fancy a hearty burger at your next barbecue, try this recipe out for size and use meat-free burgers. They are just as filling and delicious and go wonderfully with the sweet tomato relish.
Always check individual ingredients in any recipes when following a gluten free diet - while suitable, many standard items are not formally classified as ‘gluten free’ and you should check with your GP before using them.
- 1 pack gluten free burgers
- ½ can tomato and onion mix
- 1 tbsp chutney
- ½ garlic clove crushed
- 4½ tbsp mustard
- 200ml barbecue sauce
- 4 gluten free bread buns
- 1 large tbsp olive oil, for grilling
- 2 medium gherkins, sliced
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful rocket
- 1 handful watercress
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Don’t forget salt and pepper for seasoning.
- To make the relish, place the tomato and onion mix, chutney, garlic and onion in small barbecue cast iron pot.
- Place the pot on barbecue and simmer for 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For the marinade, combine the BBQ sauce and mustard for basting the burgers.
- Grill the burgers on the barbecue for 8 minutes, or until cooked through, basting and turning regularly.
- Slice the buns in half, lightly brush with olive oil, toast lightly on the barbecue, then remove from the heat.
- To assemble the burger, layer relish, sliced tomato and watercress on a bun.
- Add the burgers, gherkins, red onion and more relish and serve.