You might like
You are in:
- Tomato & Basil Risotto
Back Tomato & Basil Risotto
Tomato & Basil Risotto
This comforting risotto is a great dish for a baby, but also works made in batches for the whole family. This risotto is also delicious if you add prawns or cooked chicken to it. *Contains almonds
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 100g Brown Rice
- 80g Piccolo tomato & basil sauce
- 1 Red Pepper, cored, de-seeded & chopped
- 20g Flaked Almonds, (optional for 12 months plus)
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Suitable from 1 year Not suitable for freezing
- Heat half the oil in a pan, add the garlic and fry for a minute, then add the rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add 200ml of water to the rice and the Piccolo sauce, season with salt and pepper, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, place on the lid and cook for around 30 minutes, checking occasionally to see if more water is needed towards the end.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the peppers and fry for five minutes until starting to soften.
- Next fry the flaked almonds in the same frying pan for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir through the peppers and almonds and add the chopped basil.