You might like
You are in:
- Toasted Almond Porridge with Apples
Back Toasted Almond Porridge with Apples
Toasted Almond Porridge with Apples
A hearty start to the day, made with almond milk and topped with delicious maple-glazed apples.
- 115g porridge oats
- 700ml almond milk
- 2 drops almond extract
- 2 red apples
- 15g dairy free spread
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g toasted flaked almonds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the oats in a non-stick pan with a pinch of salt, then add almond milk alternative and almond extract if using. Stir regularly, over a low heat for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, quarter the apples, remove the core and slice thinly. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the apple slices for 2-3 minutes per side, until they begin to take on some colour. Then add the maple syrup to the pan and swirl evenly around the apples.
- To serve, divide the porridge between 4 serving bowls, top with the maple-glazed apples and scatter with toasted flaked almonds.