You might like
You are in:
- Tex Mex Tortillas
Back Tex Mex Tortillas
Tex Mex Tortillas
Here's a Tex Mex recipe that is sure to impress your guests. Just add a little chilli to serve to add a bit of spice to the dish.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 120g red kidney beans
- 1 tsp paprika spice mix
- 23g mexican spice mix
- 70g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 500g minced beef
- 150g mexicana cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 little gem lettuces, shredded
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add the kidney beans, spice rub and Mexican spice mix. Blitz briefly and tip into a mixing bowl with the other ingredients (including 50g of the grated cheese).
- Mix together thoroughly and divide into 32 small equal-sized portions and roll into balls.
- Thread on to 8 skewers (4 per skewer) and barbecue for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve the meatballs on a flour tortilla with lettuce, the remaining grated cheese and chilli if using.