You might like
You are in:
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs
Back Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs
Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs
For Chinese New Year, chicken symbolises happiness and fortune. This chicken thigh recipe is really easy and tastes great. Serve with egg fried rice.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp chicken stock, made from half a cube
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 sachets sweet chilli stir fry sauce
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Add the oil to a hot wok and stir fry the onions for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the wok then add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and brown for 10 minutes. Flip them over and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and stir. Return the onions to the wok and add in the peppers and ginger. Pour in the chilli stir fry sauce and stir to combine.
- Cover the wok and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no pink meat remains. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.