You might like
You are in:
- Super Crunchy Apple Crumble
Back Super Crunchy Apple Crumble
Super Crunchy Apple Crumble
Treat friends and family (and yourself of course) to a classic, crunchy crumble that's just the thing for a chilly-weather dessert, thanks to a sweet cinnamon taste and moreish apple filling.
- 175g golden granulated sugar
- 450g apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 250g plain flour
- 125g unsalted butter, well chilled and cut into cubes
- 100g crunchy granola
- 750g custard, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pop the apples in a large pan with the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and a little cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until soft. Remove from the heat and tip into an ovenproof dish. Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- In a large bowl add the chilled butter to the plain flour and gently rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and granola and stir well. Use to top the apple mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180c Gas 5 for 20/25 min until golden and crunchy.
- Serve with warm custard.