You might like
You are in:
- Strawberry Shortcakes
Back Strawberry Shortcakes
For a sweet and simple summer dessert, use British strawberries to make strawberry shortcakes.
- 200g soft baking spread
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 80g cornflour
- 300ml whipping cream
- 200g Greek style yogurt
- 400g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Keep a couple of strawberries to decorate your shortcakes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas 2. Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment.
- Place the softened spread in a bowl with the caster sugar. Beat together until pale and fluffy. Gradually sift in the flour and cornflour and mix to a pliable dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and, using an 8cm round cutter, stamp out 16 circles. Lift onto the baking sheets and prick patterns on the circles with a fork.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until pale golden, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To assemble, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold in the yogurt.
- Lift half the shortbread circles onto a serving plate and add a dollop of the creamy mixture and the sliced strawberries. Arrange the other half of the shortbread circles on top at an angle. Dust with icing sugar and add a couple of whole strawberries to serve.