You might like
You are in:
- Sticky Toffee Apple Puddings
Back Sticky Toffee Apple Puddings
Sticky Toffee Apple Puddings
Warm, rich apple and date sponge drizzled with creamy toffee sauce is a recipe for dessert heaven.
- 130g Dates, stoned and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp Instant coffee
- 175g Sunflower spread
- 150g Demerara sugar
- 2 Eggs, large
- 175g Self-raising flour
- 300g Cooking apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 150g Soft brown sugar
- 100ml Single cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
If you freeze this dessert, ensure you keep the puddings and sauce separate, then reheat and add the sauce to the puddings before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly oil 6 x 200-225ml individual pudding tins or ramekins.
- Place the dates in a bowl with the bicarbonate of soda, coffee and 175 ml boiling water and leave to stand.
- Cream together 75g of the sunflower spread and the demerara sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Sift in the flour and fold in with the apple. Drain the dates and fold in.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins, place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until risen and springy to the touch.
- While the puddings are cooking, make the toffee sauce by heating 100g spread, the soft brown sugar and cream together gently in a pan over a low heat. Stir constantly, until the sugar crystals dissolve and you have a smooth sauce.