You might like
You are in:
- Star Wars Cupcakes
Star Wars Cupcakes
Star Wars Cupcakes
Whip up these tasty and fun Star Wars cupcakes with fluffy vanilla icing. Will you choose the light or the dark side?
- 300g Stork with Butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 6 white marshmallows
- 1 black edible ink pen
- 50g white ready to roll icing
- 200g black ready to roll icing
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners. In a large bowl beat together the cupcake ingredients; 175g Stork with butter, caster sugar, 1tsp vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 160°C (fan)/180°C/Gas Mark 4 until golden and springy to the touch. Allow the cupcakes to cool fully on a wire rack and prepare the frosting. Beat together 125g Stork with butter, half a tsp of vanilla extract and icing sugar until fluffy and well combined. Set to one side.
- Roll out the white ready to roll icing on the work surface, lightly dusted with icing sugar to prevent it from sticking. Cut out 6 medium circles setting them to one side until later. To make the Stormtrooper heads take the white marshmallows and using the black edible ink pen draw on the details of the face – a line around the top of the head, 2 x triangular eyes, lines to form the mouth followed by details to the chin and the sides of the face.
- For the Darth Vader heads roll out the black ready to roll icing and cut out 6 medium circles. Set them to one side. Shape 6 basic head shapes – similar in shape and size to the marshmallows used for the Storm troopers.
- Using a kitchen knife mark on the triangular mouth. Indent the eyes using the end of a small paintbrush.
- Roll out some more of the black ready to roll icing and cut out 3 large circles. Cut each circle in half with a sharp knife.
- Drape half a black circle over each head to shape the hood, tucking the hood down neatly around the head and at the back.
- Once the cakes have cooled, pipe the frosting around the top of each cupcake or spread on with a palette knife.
- Top each cake with a white or black ready to roll icing circle. Brush the centres of the circles lightly with water and set the Storm Trooper and Darth Vader heads in position.
- Add the cupcakes to white or black cupcake wraps and serve.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.