You might like
You are in:
- St Clements Cheesecake
Back St Clements Cheesecake
St Clements Cheesecake
Treat yourself to a tangy slice of tastiness with this simple-to-make recipe. It's a cheesecake for any occasion, whether you're sitting down with family or showing off your showstopper skills with friends.
- 300g ginger biscuits
- 125g sunflower spread
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoon lemon curd
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 orange (rated zest and juice of 1 + 2 more to peel and zest for decoration)
- 2 lemon (grated zest and juice of 1 + 1 more to grate zest for decoration)
- 1 sachet gelatine, powdered
- 3 tablespoons cointreau (optional)
- 200ml whipping cream, to decorate
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they form crumbs.
- In a small pan, melt together the sunflower spread and syrup, and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press into the base of a 20cm round loose-bottom flan tin and chill while preparing the filling.
- Place the ricotta, lemon curd and caster sugar into a bowl and beat together. Fold in the orange and lemon zest.
- Pour the orange and lemon juice into a bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Place over a pan of simmering water and heat gently until it dissolves. Beat into the ricotta mixture (with the Cointreau if using).
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into the filling.
- Spoon on top of the biscuit base and place in the fridge to set.
- To decorate, arrange the orange segments on top, toss the orange and lemon zest with the caster sugar and sprinkle over.