You might like
You are in:
- Spooky Eyeballs
This vegetarian Halloween recipe is a real eye-catcher. When your ghoulish guests see it they'll have to tuck right in.
Makes 14 spooky eyeballs
- 375g puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150g soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 14 pimiento stuffed green olives
- 5 semi-dried tomatoes
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/Gas 3.5. Using a round 4.5cm pastry cutter, cut 28 circles from the puff pastry sheets.
- Lay 14 of the circles on a lined tray and brush with a little beaten egg. Using a 2cm round cutter, cut a circle from the middle of the remaining 14 circles and place each ring on top of the large rounds.
- Brush again with egg and place into the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden and puffed up. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Press into the middle of each pastry circle with your finger then fill with the soft cheese with garlic and herbs. Take 14 pimento stuffed green olives and place into the pastry as the ‘eyeball’. Cut your semi dried tomatoes into thin strips and add as ‘eyebrows’.