You might like
You are in:
- Slump Topped Apple and Raspberry Pie
Back Slump Topped Apple and Raspberry Pie
Slump Topped Apple and Raspberry Pie
Slump is an American pudding a cross between a crumble and a cobbler. This twist on a traditional fruit pie giving it a chewy, cookie like topping.
- 325g plain flour
- 110g unsalted butter
- 80g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 250g apples, peeled and chopped
- 250g raspberries , fresh or frozen
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 30g butter
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 30 minutes to rest dough (overnight is deal)
- For the pastry case, crumb together 225g flour and unsalted butter, add the 80g sugar and mix together.
- Mix in the egg and 1 tbsp milk or enough milk to form a firm dough.
- Allow to cool, for at least 30 minutes (overnight is best).
- Line a deep tart or pie tin case (20cm) with sweet shortcrust pastry, and rest before filling.
- For the filling, add 30g caster sugar, cinnamon and apples to pan with orange juice and cook till softened.
- Add the corn flour and thicken the filling, remove from the heat and stir in the raspberries and place into the tart case.
- For the slump top, it’s best to combine the following ingredients and blend.
- Beat 50g caster sugar and butter together, mix in 100g flour, baking powder and salt add 2 tbsp milk stir in well.
- Tip the slump mix over the fruit in the pie case and bake at 160 degrees for 35 to 40 Minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with pouring cream custard or ice cream.