You might like
You are in:
- Seared Tuna with Noodle Salad
Back Seared Tuna with Noodle Salad
Seared Tuna with Noodle Salad
This fresh, tasty salad is really versatile. It serves up nicely with the seared tuna we've used but if you're not a fish fan, grill up some chicken instead!
- 1 granny smith, coarsely grated
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, we suggest using the reduced salt variety
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 250g wholewheat noodles
- 100g radishes, sliced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced thinly
- 4 tuna steaks
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles as instructed on the packet. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool them down. Leave to drain while you prepare the dressing.
- In a bowl mix together the grated apple, spring onions, wholegrain mustard, soy, lemon juice and half the oil. Toss the dressing with the noodles, radish and cucumber.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Rub the tuna steaks with the remaining oil and griddle for about 3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness and how cooked through you like it.
- Divide the noodles between 4 plates and top each with a piece of tuna. Spoon any dressing left in the noodle bowl over the top.