You might like
You are in:
- Sausage and Bacon Frittata
Back Sausage and Bacon Frittata
Sausage and Bacon Frittata
A full traditional breakfast in one pan. Serve with fresh orange juice, granary toast and baked beans.
- 3 thick pork sausages
- 3 rashers lean bacon
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g mushrooms, wiped and quartered
- 120g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Grill the sausages as per the on-pack cooking instructions. When the sausages are nearly ready, add the bacon to the grill pan and cook both until cooked through. Cool then slice the sausages into rings and snip the bacon into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Toss the tomatoes, sausage and bacon into the pan and mix together evenly.
- Beat the eggs with the milk in a bowl, season and pour into the pan (ideally use a pan about 20cm diameter).
- Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes until you see the egg setting around the edge of the pan. Place under a pre-heated medium grill for a further 5 minutes until the top is set. Rest the frittata for a minute then cut it into quarters to serve.