You might like
You are in:
- Salmon Rarebit
Back Salmon Rarebit
Cheesy and delicious, this classic rarebit recipe makes the perfect weekend lunch or light meal. Best of all, you can rustle it up in a speedy 10 minutes.
- 300ml milk
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- 40g plain flour
- 213g canned red salmon, drained and flaked
- 4 slices granary bread, (or wholemeal bread)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the milk in a pan with the Cheddar, flour and mustard and cook over a low heat, whisking continuously, until you have a smooth, thickened mixture.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the salmon.
- Toast the bread lightly on both sides.
- Top one side of each with the salmon and cheese mix.
- Place the rarebit under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with rocket to garnish.