You might like
You are in:
- Salmon Pâté Pots
Back Salmon Pâté Pots
Salmon Pâté Pots
Make pâté portable with this picnic-friendly recipe. Make one big jar or six individual portions and serve with oatcakes or fresh crusty bread.
- ½ Cucumber
- 280g Soft cheese
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 200g Smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 213g Red salmon, can, drained and flaked
- 1 Lemon, finely grated zest and 1 tbsp of juice only
- 1 tbsp Dill, fresh, chopped
- 60g Butter, melted
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Other time: Chill overnight
- Cut half the cucumber into thin rings and dice the rest. Put the diced bits in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, leave for 20 minutes then drain and squeeze out excess liquid with kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, beat together the soft cheese with the mayonnaise, all the salmon, lemon zest and juice and dill. Fold in the diced cucumber and half the melted butter. Season to taste.
- Spoon into a large glass jar or 6 glass ramekins. Top with cucumber slices and brush the top with melted butter.
- Cover tightly with clingfilm and chill overnight. Serve with oatcakes or fresh crusty bread.