You might like
You are in:
- Salmon Fillet with a Horseradish Crust
Back Salmon Fillet with a Horseradish Crust
Salmon Fillet with a Horseradish Crust
Just five ingredients (plus a couple of storecupboard staples) make this easy salmon dish.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 fresh salmon fillets, about 175g each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Mix the egg yolk with the horseradish in a bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in a dish with the parsley and season well. Brush the top of the salmon with the horseradish mixture, then dip into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a heavy-based ovenproof frying pan until hot. Add the oil and then the salmon, crust side down. Cook for 3 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are beginning to crisp up nicely.
- Turn the salmon over and transfer the frying pan to the oven. Roast for 5 minutes until just cooked through and tender.