You might like
You are in:
- Roasted Jersey Royal Salad with Goats Cheese
Back Roasted Jersey Royal Salad with Goats Cheese
Roasted Jersey Royal Salad with Goats Cheese
British Jersey Royals are at their best in the height of spring, the perfect season for light, tasty salad.
- 450g Jersey Royals, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g vine ripened cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices goats cheese, (approx. 100g each)
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 2 pinches salt, alter to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, alter to taste
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Outside Jersey Royal season, try this recipe with new potatoes instead.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Pour the oil into a roasting pan and heat in the oven for 3-4 minutes before adding the potatoes.
- Season to taste and roast for 20 minutes. Next, add the tomatoes and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the goats cheese on a foil-covered grill tray and pour 1 tsp. of honey over each slice. Grill for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Divide the spinach leaves between 4 plates and spoon over the potatoes and tomatoes.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into the roasting pan and mix with the juices.
- Place the goats cheese on the salad, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and drizzle with the pan juices.