You might like
You are in:
- Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic served with Hasselback Potatoes
Back Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic served with Hasselback Potatoes
Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic served with Hasselback Potatoes
The next time you get the family together, try serving up this delicious roast chicken and Hasselback potatoes.
- 1 kg potatoes, medium sized
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken, extra large roast, approximately 2kg
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 bunch thyme
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C/gas 6.
- To make the hasselback potatoes, cut slices along the width of each potato at 4-5mm intervals about two thirds of the way into the flesh. Place into a large bowl.
- Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic, grated lemon zest and juice and olive oil. Season and mix well. Reserve the juiced lemon.
- For the roast chicken, place the chicken into a large roasting tin. Arrange the prepared hasselback potatoes around the chicken, cut sides up.
- In the cavity of the chicken, place the garlic bulb and reserved juiced lemon. Reserve 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves and place the remaining thyme sprigs into the cavity.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken, scatter with the reserved thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour 30 minutes, basting the chicken and potatoes at 30 minute intervals.
- To test your chicken is cooked insert a skewer into the thickest part of the bird and check the juices are running clear. Increase the cooking time if necessary, removing the cooked hasselback potatoes and keeping warm.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with seasonal green vegetables.