You might like
You are in:
- Roast Chicken and Root Vegetables with…
Back Roast Chicken and Root Vegetables with…
Roast Chicken and Root Vegetables with Sage and Shallot Stuffing
Treat yourself to sweet and tender chicken thighs with chunky seasonal root veg, brought together with a blend of garlic, rosemary and olive oil served with shallot-laden stuffing balls.
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless
- 50ml olive oil
- 150g carrots
- 150g swede
- 150g parsnips
- 150g onion
- 150g new potatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 pack sage and onion stuffing
- 100g shallots
- 2 garlic clove
- 25g tomato puree
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 25g butter
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Begin by preparing the vegetables. Peel and chop onion, carrots, swede and parsnip into bite sized chunks (around 20mm x 20mm). Then, wash and quarter the new potatoes.
- Cut the chicken thighs in half, strip and chop rosemary and crush the garlic.
- Mix all the above with the (crumbled) stock cube, tomato puree and oil.
- Place the mixture in a roasting tray, in a hot oven, at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir well. Add a little water if the vegetable or chicken has become too dry. Pop the tray in the oven and bake for further 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop shallots, then gently fry in butter without allowing them to brown.
- When the shallots are soft, add them to stuffing mix and hot water as per instructions on the packet.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes then divide into 8 stuffing balls.
- Place the stuffing on a separate roasting tray alongside the chicken and vegetable bake.
- When stuffing balls are browned, remove both items from the oven and serve.