You might like
You are in:
- Roast Beef with Shallots and Horseradish Yorkshire Puddings
Back Roast Beef with Shallots and Horseradish Yorkshire Puddings
Roast Beef with Shallots and Horseradish Yorkshire Puddings
Roast the beef alongside echalion shallots for extra flavour and follow this recipe to accompany the beef with perfect Yorkshire puddings.
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 2 kg large topside beef joint, approx. 2 kg – french trimmed
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 8 whole echalion shallots, peeled
- 50g plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp hot horseradish
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Use salt and pepper to season.
- To cook the beef preheat oven to 220C fan/240C/gas 9.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the beef and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the rosemary sprigs in the base of a roasting tin and sit the beef on top.
- Roast the beef (20mins per 450g + extra 20 mins for rare/ 25 mins per 450g + extra 25mins for medium/ 30 mins per 450g + extra 30 mins for well done).
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking time, add your shallots.
- Remove your beef and let it rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, to make the Yorkshire puddings, place the flour, cornflour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and horseradish. Mix well with an electric or handheld whisk.
- Slowly add the milk whilst continually whisking. Whisk for 3 minutes, until there are no lumps.
- Season and place the mix in the refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes.
- Using a 12 hole muffin tin, pour a little vegetable oil into each hole. Place the muffin tin in the oven, allowing the oil to heat for 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide the chilled Yorkshire pudding mix between the muffin holes, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Carve the rested beef and serve with the roasted shallots and horseradish Yorkshires.