You might like
You are in:
- Red Pepper and Cheddar Tortillas
Back Red Pepper and Cheddar Tortillas
Red Pepper and Cheddar Tortillas
A savoury treat with a bit of a kick. These tortillas are easy to pack up and easy to eat; they're the perfect midday snack for all the family.
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 300g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Place the pepper on a baking tray, drizzle with a 1 tbsp of the oil and roast for 25 minutes until soft. Leave to cool.
- Slice the pepper into small pieces and place in a bowl with the spring onion, cheese and smoked paprika. Mix well
- Line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tray with paper cases and divide the mixture evenly into each one.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, season, then spoon all this mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and the egg mixture has set (shake the tray; if the egg mixture doesn’t move, the tortillas are cooked).
- Leave to cool in the tray before carefully removing with a pallet knife.