You might like
You are in:
- Ratatouille Basic Recipe
Back Ratatouille Basic Recipe
Ratatouille Basic Recipe
Get well on your way to 5-a-day with our tasty, veg packed easy ratatouille recipe. This classic French dish is ideal for keeping your family warm and cosy throughout the winter months. Serve versatile ratatouille with pasta, on a baked potato or search for our cheese and ratatouille quesedillas recipe.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Onions, large
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Courgettes, medium, roughly chopped
- 2 Red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Aubergine, roughly chopped
- 2 cans Chopped tomatoes, 400g
- 1 tbsp Mixed herbs
- 4 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the courgettes, peppers and aubergine, and cook for a further 5 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add the tomatoes and herbs, cover and cook over a low heat for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season and sprinkle with chopped basil.