You might like
You are in:
- Ratatouille Basic Recipe
Back Ratatouille Basic Recipe
Ratatouille Basic Recipe
Get well on your way to 5-a-day with our tasty, veg-packed easy ratatouille recipe. This classic French dish is ideal served with pasta, on a baked potato or search for our cheese and ratatouille quesedillas recipe.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 Onions, large
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Courgettes, medium, roughly chopped
- 2 Red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Aubergine, roughly chopped
- 2 cans Chopped tomatoes, 400g
- 1 tbsp Mixed herbs
- 4 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 148 Fat (g) 3.6 Saturates (g) 0.5 Carbohydrate (g) 19.5 Sugars (g) 16.9 Fibre (g) 7.7 Protein (g) 6.1 Salt (g) 0.20
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the courgettes, peppers and aubergine, and cook for a further 5 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add the tomatoes and herbs, cover and cook over a low heat for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season and sprinkle with chopped basil.