You might like
You are in:
- Raspberry Jam Doughnuts
Back Raspberry Jam Doughnuts
Raspberry Jam Doughnuts
These sweet treats are even easier to make using an electric mixer with a dough hook.
Makes 16 doughnuts
- 200ml milk, warmed gently
- 7g fast action dried yeast, sachet
- 30g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 450g strong white bread flour
- 60g butter
- 1 litre vegetable oil
- 450g raspberry jam
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Prove for 2 hrs 45 minutes
- Whisk together the milk, yeast and sugar and leave for about 5 minutes until bubbles appear, then whisk in the eggs. Place the flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl and slowly pour in the liquid, mixing by hand. Add the butter and bring the mixture together into a soft dough, then knead for 15 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to rise (about 2 hours).
- Knock the dough back and knead for 1 minute. Cut and roll into 16 balls, place on a large baking sheet, cover with oiled clingfilm and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Remove the clingfilm for the last 10 minutes so the tops form a crust.
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy saucepan; it’s hot enough when a piece of bread sizzles quickly after dropping in. Prepare a tray lined with kitchen roll and a tray sprinkled with sugar.
- Using a wire mesh spoon, drop 2 doughnuts at a time into the oil. They will only need about 30 seconds on each side to cook through. Drain on the kitchen roll then dust in the sugar.
- Fill a piping bag with the jam. Cut a small slit in the side of each doughnut and pipe a good tbsp jam into each one.