You might like
You are in:
- Prawns with Chorizo, Chilli and Lemon
Back Prawns with Chorizo, Chilli and Lemon
Prawns with Chorizo, Chilli and Lemon
Bring the flavours of your holiday home with this tapas-inspired spicy chorizo and prawn dish.
- 150g chorizo, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g raw king prawns, butterflied
- 1 tsp dried crushed chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cook the sliced chorizo in a pan on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until crisp and the oil is released. Remove from the pan and discard most of the oil that’s come from the chorizo. Add the olive oil to the pan, along with the garlic. Cook on a medium to low heat until the garlic begins to colour.
- Turn the heat up high and add the prawns and chilli flakes. Stir quickly and frequently. After 1 minute, add the lemon juice and chorizo. Keep cooking and stirring for about another minute, until the prawns are opaque and cooked through.
- Sprinkle over the lemon zest and parsley and serve with crusty bread.