You might like
You are in:
- Pimm's Jam Tarts
Back Pimm's Jam Tarts
Pimm's Jam Tarts
Try these cute and summery Pimm's jam tarts for a twist on summer baking.
Makes 12 tarts
- 250g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 250g shortcrust pastry, if not making pastry from scratch
- 100g strawberry jam
- 3 tbsp Pimm's No 1
- 4 strawberries, sliced, to garnish
- 1 orange, cut into thin wedges, to garnish
- 1 bunch mint leaves, to garmish
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Chill pastry for at least 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to180C/ 350F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 12 hole tart mould with a little butter.
- If you are making the pastry, put the flour, cubed butter and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl.
- Working as quickly as you can, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water 1 tbsp at a time to the mixture and using a cold knife stir to bind the pastry together. Stop when the pastry comes together so it is not too sticky.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for a minimum of 15 minutes, up to 30 minutes.
- The dough can also be made in a food processor by mixing the flour, butter and salt in the bowl of the processor on a pulse setting. Add water and wrap as above.
- To assemble the pies, unwrap the pastry onto a lightly floured work surface and roll to a ¼" /0.5cm thickness. Using a tart cutter or cup, cut circles from the pastry just slightly bigger than the holes in the prepared tart mould. Gently press one disc into each hole.
- Mix together the strawberry jam with the Pimm's until runny.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of jam into the pastry lined tins. Be careful not to overfill as the jam will spill out when hot and burn.
- Repeat until all the pastry is used up - you can squish the pastry trimmings back together and re-roll several times, so don't worry, just make sure you rest the pastry circles before cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely, do not eat while hot or you may burn your mouth, the jam stays hot for a long time.