You might like
You are in:
- Oriental Vegetable Spring Wraps
Back Oriental Vegetable Spring Wraps
Oriental Vegetable Spring Wraps
Perfect as a side, starter or just a snack. This is as delicious as it is quick and easy to serve.
- 8 Mission Deli wheat & white wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 125g carrot
- 150g red onion
- 150g red & green pepper
- 2 cm root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 25g coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cut the carrot and pepper into lengths that resemble long, thin matchsticks, and then slice the onion thinly
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for a few minutes carefully without burning
- Add the carrots, peppers and onions and stir together so that the vegetables are coated. Lower the heat and allow to warm through for a further five minutes. Mix in the coriander and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Using scissors or a knife cut each tortilla in half and microwave for about 20 seconds to soften.
- Divide the mixture onto each tortilla half, (you can save any pan juices for the dipping sauce) and roll up neat and firmly.
- Preheat the grill and brush each wrap with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds.
- Place under the heat until slightly golden and crisp
- For the dipping sauce, mix together all the ingredients including any saved pan juices. Serve with the vegetable wraps for dipping!
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mission Deli.