You might like
You are in:
- Morrisons Mother’s Day Roast Beef and…
Back Morrisons Mother’s Day Roast Beef and…
Morrisons Mother’s Day Roast Beef and Crispy Roast Potatoes
This simple roast is suitable for all the family as although mustard may appear to be an overpowering flavour, once cooked it becomes sweet and aromatic.
- 3 kg Morrisons British Beef Topside Joint
- 1 tsp Morrisons Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Morrisons Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Morrisons Mixed Peppercorns
- 1 tbs Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp Morrisons English Mustard
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 kg Morrisons Potatoespeeled and cut into quarters (we used Maris Piper)
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Roast Potatoes Prep Time - 15 min Cook Time - 35 - 40 min
- Pre-heat the oven to 180/gas mark 6.
- Crush salt, yellow mustard seeds and peppercorns in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the fresh thyme leaves to the mix.
- Put the beef in a roasting tin and spread the mustard across the top side of the meat.
- Cover the mustard with the seasoning mix and pour over the olive oil.
- Pop the meat in and roast.
- Let the meat rest for 30 min before carving, turn the oven up to 225°C/Gas 8 and pop in the roast potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in to quarters.
- Par boil the potatoes in a pan for 10 mins.
- Drain, return them to the pan and replace the lid, shaking gently to create a fluffy edge.
- Add 3tbs of sunflower oil to a roasting tin and tip in the potatoes, toss gently and season with salt and pepper.
- As the meat comes out of the oven raise the oven temperature to 225°C/Gas 8.
- Roast for 40 min until brown and crispy.