You might like
You are in:
- Moroccan-spiced Lamb Burgers with Baba Ganoush
Back Moroccan-spiced Lamb Burgers with Baba Ganoush
Moroccan-spiced Lamb Burgers with Baba Ganoush
Barbecuing the aubergines gives the dip a deep smoky flavour. Be sure to prick them first so they don't explode.
- 2 aubergines
- 2 cloves garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 425g lamb mince
- 2 tsp Moroccan spice mix
- 350g chickpeas
- 60g dried apricots
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 4 gluten free bread rolls
- 1 salad
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Prick the aubergines and barbecue until really soft (for about 15 minutes). Allow to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, slice in half and scoop out the pulp into a mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth, then add the parsley and keep the baba ganoush covered until ready to serve.
- To make the burgers, combine the lamb mince with the spice mix, chickpeas, apricots, egg and mint.
- Divide into 4 equal-sized patties. Barbecue for 8-10 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Warm the buns on the barbecue. Fill each with a burger, salad and a dollop of baba ganoush.