You might like
You are in:
- Mixed Vegetables with Cashew Nuts
Back Mixed Vegetables with Cashew Nuts
Mixed Vegetables with Cashew Nuts
A Chinese-style side dish full of fresh vegetable flavours and cashew nut crunch.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 125g baby corn, sliced lengthways
- 1 pack Chinese style stir fry vegetables
- 115g mixed mushrooms
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dry sherry
- 5 tbsp vegetable stock, made from half a cube
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1 dash sesame oil, to taste
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil to a hot wok, lower the heat, add the cashews and toast for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir fry the garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Raise the heat and add the corn, stir frying for 2 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Next, add the vegetables and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir fry for a further minute.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce, sherry and stock, stir in the cornflour mixture and simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Return the cashews to the wok and season to taste with sesame oil. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.