You might like
You are in:
- Meatballs with Vegetable Ribbons
Back Meatballs with Vegetable Ribbons
Meatballs with Vegetable Ribbons
Swap pasta for vegetable ribbons in this delicious recipe.
- 1 5% Fat Pork Mince
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200ml Low Salt Chicken Stock
- ¼ tsp Dried Chilli Flakes, (optional)
- 250g Courgettes, sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 250g Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded and sliced into ribbons
- 100g Fat-free Creme Fraiche
- 1 Lemon, grated zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 15g Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- 10 slices Ciabatta Bread, toasted
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Tip: If preferred, replace the vegetable spaghetti with 400g dried wholewheat spaghetti or tagliatelle, cooked.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes until soft and translucent; remove from the heat, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, while the onion is cooking, divide the pork mince into 24 pieces and roll into walnut-sized balls. Add remaining oil to the empty frying pan, heat to a medium heat, add the meatballs and cook for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the cooked onion, stock and the chilli flakes (if using) to the pan with the meatballs. Heat until the meatballs are cooked through, the juices run clear and the stock has reduced by half (about 2 minutes). Add the vegetables to the meatballs, stir gently and cook for 2 minutes, (or longer if you want softer vegetables) being careful not to break up the vegetables.
- Add the crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice to the meatball mix. Toss gently to coat with the lemony crème fraîche. Season to taste and garnish with the Parmesan and parsley. Serve with the toasted ciabatta bread slices.