You might like
You are in:
- Maple-glazed Sausages with Smoked…
Back Maple-glazed Sausages with Smoked…
Maple-glazed Sausages with Smoked Aubergines and Tomatoes
The maple-glaze on these sausages bring an intense flavour to your barbecue, brush more glaze on to the sausages as you cook them, to increase the intensity.
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 7 vine ripened tomatoes
- 12 pork chipolatas
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Chop the aubergines in half lengthways and cut into thumb-width slices. Place in a bowl with the smoked paprika and 2 tbsp of the oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the oil into a roasting tray and add the red onions, rosemary and aubergines. Sprinkle over the dried oregano and remaining oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes then remove.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to roast for 10-15 minutes or until the aubergines are golden brown and soft.
- For the glaze, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard and rosemary. Toss with the sausages and barbecue for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the sausages on top of the tray of veg to serve.